The ingredient of alginate dressing is alginate, which is a natural polysaccharide carbohydrate extracted from seaweed, which is a kind of natural cellulose. Alginate dressing, a functional wound dressing with high absorption properties composed of alginate. After the medical film contacts the wound exudate, it can form a soft gel, which provides an ideal moist environment for wound healing, promotes wound healing, and relieves wound pain.
1. Alginate dressing is safe and non-toxic
Alginate dressing is a natural polysaccharide carbohydrate extracted from seaweed. It is a natural polymer material without any toxicity to the human body and can be used safely.
2. Alginate dressing is highly hygroscopic
The alginate dressing can absorb 11 times its own weight in liquid.
3. Alginate dressing for hemostasis
Alginate dressing releases Ca2+ in contact with wound exudate, which can promote the formation of prothrombin activator and accelerate the process of blood coagulation.
4. Alginate dressing is gelatinous
Absorb wound exudate, exchange Na+/Ca2+ ions with exudate, and form a stable network gel on the wound surface. Create a microenvironment for the wound that is conducive to tissue growth (slightly acidic, anaerobic or hypoxic, moderately moist).
5. Alginate dressing promotes wound healing
A slightly acidic, anaerobic or hypoxic, moderately humid wound environment promotes the release of growth factors, stimulates cell proliferation, improves the regeneration ability and cell movement of epidermal cells, and promotes wound healing.
6. Bacteriostatic properties of alginate dressing
(1) The alginate dressing has good sealing performance, which isolates the wound from external bacteria.
(2) Harmful bacteria are fixed inside the fiber, effectively inhibiting the reproduction of harmful bacteria and reducing the chance of bacteria contacting the wound surface.
(3) A humid and slightly acidic environment is conducive to the functioning of neutrophils, enhancing local bactericidal ability and reducing the incidence of infection.
7. Alginate dressing reduces local pain
The hydrogel formed on the surface effectively protects nerve endings and avoids external stimulation; it is not easy to adhere to the wound, easy to remove, and reduces wound pain.
8. Alginate dressing reduces scarring
Since alginate wound dressing has no stimulation to the wound surface and no damage, the scar formation is less.
Alginate dressing can be used for the treatment of infected wounds, but it should be used under the guidance of medical staff and in conjunction with other treatment measures. Moreover, medical staff should frequently assess the clinical indications of patients and check the wound condition. If the wound is mainly caused by insufficient arterial blood supply or diabetic foot ulcer, it also needs to be used under the guidance of medical staff. At the same time, alginate dressing is not suitable for heavy bleeding and continuous bleeding.