Dressings generally refer to medical materials that cover the surface of sores, wounds or other injuries and provide temporary protection to damaged skin. It can help control bleeding and absorb secretions, control or prevent wound infection, and provide a moist environment conducive to wound healing. In order to promote rapid wound healing, the ideal wound dressing should have the characteristics of accelerating wound healing, preventing infection, and restoring skin structure and performance.
Alginate ag dressing is derived from natural seaweed and prepared by separation, spinning and non-woven processes, which is safe and non-toxic to human body. Mechanism of action of alginate foam dressing: ion exchange occurs between the dressing and the wound exudate to form a network gel, which absorbs and maintains the exudate, provides an ideal moist environment for wound healing, and promotes the formation of granulation tissue and epithelium.
I. Advantages of alginate ag dressing products
1. Forms a gel for faster healing. Ion exchange, forming sodium alginate gel, creating a slightly acidic, anaerobic or hypoxic, humid ideal microenvironment, at the same time, the irregular network structure increases the contact area and accelerates healing.
2. The replacement is painless and no residue. The gel state can effectively protect the exposed nerve endings and relieve pain; it is not easy to stick and avoid secondary damage; there is no fibrosis production process, the structure is dense, and there is no foreign body reaction.
3. Strongly lock and absorb liquid to avoid immersion and infection. Quickly, massively, and vertically absorb exudate 10-20 times its own weight; lock in fluids and microorganisms, reducing the risk of skin maceration and wound infection.
4. Economical convenience. Reduce the number of dressing changes and reduce the burden on medical staff; shorten the course of treatment and reduce costs.
II. Hemostatic mechanism of alginate ag dressing
1. Gel-forming properties: After the calcium ions in the alginate ag dressing are exchanged with the sodium ions in the blood, a gel is formed, and the irregular colloid on the surface plays the role of sealing the wound and compressing the hemostasis.
2. Water absorption and water retention: There are a large number of micropores in calcium alginate fibers, which have strong water absorption and water retention. Thus, the local concentration of platelets, thrombin, red blood cells, etc. is increased, which is helpful for the coagulation process.
3. Structural features: The dense and irregular network structure of calcium alginate fibers increases the contact area with blood and is conducive to coagulation.
4. Material characteristics: It is made of pure natural plant materials, not synthetic materials, and does not cause human rejection. The test results of the laboratory showed that the cytotoxicity was grade 0.
Alginate dressing has been used for many years, but people's understanding of it is still not deep enough. We expect and believe that the use of alginate in medicine will be more abundant and accurate. Social progress will inevitably lead to the development of medical and health care, the research and development and innovation of medical equipment - this task has never been completed or ended. On a road with no end, what is needed is courage, wisdom, confidence and responsibility, and we of medtech companies are shouldering this responsibility.